Return of Product
Standard Product Return
• A returned merchandise authorization (RMA) number must be issued for all returns.
• All returns require a valid support instance before an RMA can be issued, fill out the form at: http://www.emacinc.com/support/ to get started
• All returns not relating to manufacturers’ warranties, returns must be made within 30 days of date of invoice, with valid RMA number.
• When returning product, place RMA number on packing slip & shipping label only. Do not write RMA number on boxes. Use a shell or outer box to avoid damage in transit.
• Product must be returned in its original packaging including all accessories, cables, bags, CD’s, manuals and copy of original Invoice.
• Credit will be issued only for returned items which reference an RMA number. If there is a problem or delay issuing credit, the tracking number must be provided to EMAC.
• Product must arrive at EMAC within 30 days of the RMA being issued.
• Items received outside of stated timeframe or in unacceptable condition will not be credited and will be returned to sender at Customer’s expense.
• Refused shipments must be reported to EMAC within 2 days of refusal; refused shipments will be charged all shipping fees.
• A restock fee will be charged on all incomplete product returns which EMAC can make factory complete.
• Incomplete product return restocking fees will include an itemized list of deficient items and a partial credit will be issued.
• A minimum 20% restock fee will be charged on all returns not related to a 30 Day Evaluation Agreement or D.O.A. returns.
• Cross shipment of RMA product must include a replacement Purchase Order and your account must be in good standing.
• The Customer is liable for the condition of the returned product.
• If a product returned as DOA is tested and there is no problem found, Customer will be subject to a $50.00 fee.
• Approved RMA’s will be credited to your normal credit terms with EMAC.
• All ESD sensitive devices will undergo a incoming inspection to evaluate for shipping damage and to determine if the product has been handled in a manner to protect it from accidental ESD damage.
Product that does not arrive in ESD protective packaging will not be eligible for replacement or credit.
Products EMAC Will Not Accept for Return
• Special Order, custom configured, NCNR, discontinued or obsolete products.
• Products that have been used, modified or damaged.
• Original box is missing, damaged, or original packaging is defaced with writing or markings.
• Product is missing packaging, manuals, or other components.
• All software products, intellectual property and media, including software licensing, engineering fees, software and configuration fees.
• Products not purchased from EMAC.
• RMA’s issued over 30 days prior to receipt.
• Referencing RMA number is not included with the return.
• Product shipped with other than factory default settings (includes configuration changes per Customer request).
• Serial numbers removed, defaced or do not match the referenced invoice.
• Custom Media of any type.
• Returns requested by a person or company other than the original purchaser
Defective or Dead On Arrival (D.O.A.) Product Returns
• D.O.A. Product is defined as a product that failed to perform right out of the box. If a unit arrives in working condition is damaged by incorrect handling, usage or connection or operates for a period of time and then fails, it is considered a warranty claim.
• D.O.A. is not a valid reason for a return. Reseller must provide details of D.O.A.
• D.O.A. products can be returned within 30 days of invoice.
• Defective or D.O.A. products must include an RMA number.
• Defective product older than 30 days is covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
• All Products returned that do not meet specified requirements will be returned at customer expense.
Product Damaged In Transit
• Damaged goods must first be inspected at destination by the freight carrier, retain all packaging for inspection, and review.
• Claims for goods damaged in transit must be received within 10 calendar days of shipment, and include clear photographic documentation of packaging.
• Claims are handled between EMAC and the carrier, outside of normal RMA procedure.
EMAC’s Responsibility for Shipping Errors
• An RMA number will be given to the Customer upon notification.
• A call tag or EMAC’s shipping account number will be used for return of products via ground shipping to EMAC. Customer pays for shipping to EMAC. If product is D.O.A. or Manufacturer’s Defect EMAC will cover return shipping via UPS Ground. For all RMA’s that are found to be Non-Warranty Repairs, return shipping will be billed to Invoice or Customer Shipping Account.
• Credit will be given after product is evaluated to be in resalable condition with original boxes and all packaging, materials and accessories.
• Credit will be issued only for returnable items which are approved and received referencing an RMA number. If there is an issue, problem or delay in receiving credit, please contact the RMA coordinator with the RMA number and your tracking number must be provided to EMAC.
• Items that arrive at EMAC without a valid RMA number will be refused at the dock, or shipped back, at the sender’s expense.
• RMA number will be issued after confirming the product to be returned meets all return requirements.
• All product returns must be insured and sent via a carrier that provides on-line tracking.
• Return freight charge must be prepaid. Sorry, freight due and C.O.D. returns cannot be accepted.
• If product is returned it will be shipped at Customer’s expense, unless an EMAC error has occurred.
• RMA numbers must be listed on the shipping label, not on the product packaging box.
• All RMA material must be returned to:
Attn: RMA# _____________
2390 EMAC Way
Carbondale, IL 62902
By returning any products to EMAC, Inc., you represent and warrant that the returned products were purchased from EMAC, Inc., are not counterfeit or otherwise non-conforming, and do not violate the EMAC, Inc.’s Counterfeit Policy. You also agree that EMAC, Inc. may test any returned product to determine whether such product is counterfeit, non-conforming, or otherwise violates this Agreement. In the event EMAC, Inc. determines, in its sole discretion, that any returned product is counterfeit, non-conforming, or otherwise violates this Agreement, EMAC, Inc. may (i) report such problem to any applicable governmental or regulatory agency or any other applicable third party; (ii) quarantine such product for further testing or other analysis; and/or (iii) take such other actions as may be required or
permitted under applicable law.